Thursday, December 25, 2008

Well Merry Christmas everyone! It's been a very good Christmas this year, although it's probably been the toughest financially I've ever experienced. It really opened my eyes this year that Christmas is so much more than just getting random stuff. It's about family and friends and spending time and building relationships with one another. I've learned so much this year. And looking back, it might have been a tough year like I said earlier-but it's been one of the best years of my life. I've never struggled more-although last year would be a close close second, but I've never been closer to God than I am right now. And I'm so thankful for that. I truly trust Him with everything because I now finally get that I can't control everything and that if I'd just let God be in control in the first place things would go smoother in the end! Even now, looking at things meanwhile asking God for guidance as to whether this is what he wants or has planned for you, it puts things in prospective. Whatever happens is happening for a reason and like my former (but always will be) youth minister Rick Odell says, "It's amazing how God can take crap and turn it into ice cream" boy is it true. Anyways tomorrow I'm headed to Midland, Tx wahoooo! It'll be a long drive but well worth it I'm thinking. So, get ready for some crazy stories from my family gathering....

No comments: