Saturday, September 26, 2009

Back on Track

So I realize I've been neglecting my blog...I'll do much better I promise!!

I'm sitting in the floor of my new friend Taylor's friends house. We're in Kentucky, which I think this is the second time I've ever been to Kentucky, exciting-oh yes! And the common theme everywhere I've been for the past month or so is RAIN. It's like there's a little cloud following me around. Not that I'm complaining but it certainly does NOT help the uncoordinated get to class (that would be me in case you didn't catch that). I'm tired of the bottoms of my jeans being soaked, but I have rainboots...if only they went with everything in my wardrobe...

So, what's been going on in my life...well there's this thing called college that is supposedly supposed to be life changing or something...but ya I just finished week 5 and I'm still alive this is an accomplishment to be celebrated. Nashville is awesome and I love Lipscomb, but I've come to realize that Colorado is home...I know it's a duh statement but I didn't think I'd really miss Colorado-I mean I knew I'd miss my friends and family but I didn't realize I'd DESPERATELY MISS my friends and family and the mountains and the ice cold rain rather than the lukewarm stuff that falls from the sky around here. I especially miss my church family. I knew they were amazing, I did!! But I still didn't quite realize how good I had it there. I've been going to Woodmont which is good and everything, but it's not Littleton. I miss having that connection and knowing that one step into the building and I'd be surrounded by people who would be there for me and would do anything for me because of the love they have for me through Jesus Christ. People don't get it down here-there's a Bible Belt mentality that I never really saw until now. God is in this little box that people take out on Sunday mornings and Wednesday nights and they sing the songs and close their eyes during prayers...but there's not connection. Don't get me wrong, Woodmont is the closest I've found to Littleton. I feel that they're seeking God in everything that they do and I love that!! But I will definitely be looking forward to coming home and getting to worship at Littleton and be reunited with my church family that I love more than anything.

Now, all that being said, I know that this is where I need to be at the moment...even if it's not always where I want to be. God is taking me through this journey and He's teaching me some things that I need to learn. Recently, I've really noticed how I need to "sit down and shut up" and just listen to what He has to say instead of talking away about how I want things to go and about how I can't hear Him (once again, if I'd shut up I might actually hear something). If I can just listen, I learn a lot more. I've began to notice how much I rely on other people and how scared I am of being alone. This has now become my time to draw close to God and realize that no matter what, He's the one I need to rely on and draw close to in all my times of need-though God did give me the relationships I have with people and those are to be cherished as well, when things are going really bad rather than going to my best friend to share my insecurities, fears and doubts, I need to go to Him because He's the one who's going to take care of it all. There's so many things that I want to happen, but I can't control them. This has led me to quesiton, do I belong in music? Is that truly what God wants? There are so many questions unanswered right now, but I'm learining to be ok with it because that's where I'm supposed to be right now. It's not my job to have everything figured out-it's my job to follow Jesus and his plan that He has for me.

WHEW!! K, I needed to let that out. Anywho, on a lighter note :D my friends are coming next weekend and I'm so STOKED to see them. And as for classes, they're all going pretty good so far...all my tests have been A's and I'm performing in a student recital in the next couple weeks.

Oh, and here's my countdown:
5 days till my friends come
19 days till I see my cousins
56 days till Thanksgiving
82 days till Christmas Break!!!!!!!!! :D

I'll be checking in more often-I promise!!

No comments: